Saturday, November 6, 2010

Moving Up...Literally

Sorry blog...I have neglected you. But I am back with a vengance. I will start off with last week. On Tuesday, November 2nd, Matt and I sucessfully moved into our new place! We are now residents of Hiranandani Gardens Powai, Mumbai. I have included a couple pictures of our bed and our living room. It took me about an hour to figure out how to use the washing machine, two days to figure out how to get hot water in the shower, and I have yet to figure out the counter-top range attached to an ominous red gas cylinder under counter. We are on the 20th floor and with one elevator are forced to spend a considerable amount of time riding in a crampled space with about 15 people. A maximum suggested number of people in the elevator (or any space for that matter) does not exist here. We have been accosted by several maids in the building trying to offer us their services in Hindi but have yet to actually pick one. However, the house is getting dirtier and we are getting busier! So, we might have to break down and get a maid that we will be completely unable to communicate with :-)...aside from the word "clean."

1 comment:

  1. Like the digs brother. I hope you and Corrie are enjoying yourselves in such a wild country. I look forward to reading your blogs. God be with you and keep us updated.

    ryan hice

    ReplyDelete